With many tourist destinations around the world, Kenya is one of the countries in the African continent with various aesthetically pleasing tourist attractions. The country has a variety of tropical beaches, plentiful wildlife creatures and strikingly beautiful views. The home of the quintessential safari, Kenya is home to a spectacular array of wildlife, scenery, game reserves, and lodge options.
When choosing a safari destination in Africa, you want safety and security, expert wildlife guides, unmatched value, and responsible travel. Odyssey Safari offers all these things and so much more. Here’s a sampling of our favorite accommodations for a variety of styles. From honeymooners to families and everyone in between, there’s something for everyone at a Kenya luxury safari.
Why A Kenya Luxury Safari?
Vibrant wildlife, the most unique 5-star lodging, breathtaking scenic views. It’s a combination of these elements that make Kenya luxury safaris stand out from the herd. You’re not just visiting Kenya, but you are exploring a whole country of distinctive culture, vibrant wildlife and rich history. No two adventures in Kenya are ever the same.
Kenya was one of the original safari destinations, and with good reason. The country is home to an astounding 25,000 different animal species, including all of the iconic safari fauna — lions, giraffes, elephants and zebras among them. With some of the world’s best safari destinations, mountains, and beaches, it is no surprise why Kenya is East Africa’s most popular tourist destination.
The best luxury safari lodges in Kenya provide memorable experiences through exciting encounters with animals and nature. Tours are aimed to give the best wildlife opportunities at the destination, accompanied by expert safari guides and as much time as possible in nature. There are three main types of luxury safari accommodations in Kenya: luxury tented camps, luxury safari lodges and eco-friendly tented camps.
Luxury Tented Camps
Loisaba Tented Camp
A pool with a direct, unobstructed view of the Laikipia plains below it is the go-to camp for couples and families. Loisaba’s pool, constructed on the extreme edge, is undoubtedly one of the most prominent features. The meals cooked and served to guests are prepared using fresh vegetables and fruits from the nearby fields and gardens. Equipped with high-technology lighting and showering systems, any guest that spends time here is bound to have a comfortable and delightful stay.
Responsible tourism is one of the hallmarks of Loisaba. As such, environmental sustainability and supporting nearby communities are important to the camp, earning it the distinction as a Gold Eco-Rated property buy Ecotourism Kenya. Additionally, guests have access to safari vehicles, horse-riding, visits to the Samburu villages, and much more.
Other reasons to consider Loisabe include:
- Rated a 5 on TripAdvisor, it’s the No. 4-ranked specialty lodging property in Laikipia County.
- With a romantic style and a great view, room features include a private balcony, sofa, private bathrooms, room services, and a wardrobe/closet.
- Airport transportation is available, as well as free high-speed internet, breakfast and parking. Laundry service is also available.
Bateleur is known to attract guests from all over the world and is suitable for honeymooners, couples and newlyweds. The intimate camp is set in an aesthetically pleasing private area on the edge of Masai Mara National Reserve. The camp also offers butler services and guides for bush walks, hot-air balloon rides as well as game drives during the night hours.
Located only 30 miles from the Masai Mara Lodge airstrip, on the grounds you’ll find two camps of nine tented suites. These luxury tents include indoor and outdoor showers, his and her basins, bathtubs, a coffee station, and a mini bar.
Other reasons to consider Bateleur Camp include:
- Children of all ages are welcome, with child care available at an additional cost. Each camp includes one family tent.
- A quaint and hidden gem, the style of the grounds is reminiscent of the Kenyan safaris of the 1920s-30s.
- Each camp also includes pool, wifi, complimentary laundry, and private butler service.
Luxury Safari Lodges
This exquisite lodge is named after the flourishing acacia tortilis trees and is located in the Amboseli area. The luxury lodge offers great services and experiences, including swimming pools and some of the most beautiful, clear views of the Mountain Kilimanjaro in Amboseli. In addition to all the luxury, the camp also plays its part in sustaining and conserving the environment and being eco-friendly.
Another property that prides itself on its connection with the nearby community, around 60% of its staff are from neighboring areas. Guests have the opportunity to go on walking safaris with local Maasai guides and learn firsthand about their culture and have an authentically wonderful experience.
Other reasons to consider Tortilis Camp include:
- Charming with a great view, amenities include an outdoor fireplace, airport transportation and free parking and breakfast.
- As one of the first eco-lodges of its size, it’s 100% solar. This is another property that Ecotourism Kenya has designated as Gold Eco-Rated.
- One of its many nearby attractions includes Observation Hill, which is 4 miles away.
Loldia house, suitable for both families and couples, is located on an old farm in the country; Loldia, and has some of the most beautifully designed and decorated rooms. The house is only a few yards away from the dormant Mount Longonot volcano and soothing, scenic views of Lake Nakuru. Visitors are also engaged in a range of diversified safari and traditional, cultural activities at the Loldia luxury lodge. A perfect escape for those looking for an intimate and cozy accommodation.
With easy access to Nairobi International Airport, Nairobu is only a 2-hour drive away. This convenient location also makes a day trip to Lake Nakuru National Park a popular treat. With daily flights available between Loldia House and Nairobi, this is a great beginning or end to a Kenyan holiday.
Other reasons to consider Loldia House include:
- Rated No. 2 by TripAdvisor in the Specialty Lodging category for the town of Naivasha.
- A unique setting paired with diverse activities and amazing food.
- More nearby attractions include Masai Mara, The Great Rift Valley, Lake Victoria, and Volcanoes National Park.
Located on top of a rocky hill, the luxurious lodge offers breath-taking views of Kenya’s Northern Frontier District. Game drives are exceptional for visitors who can go out and about in the morning and evening to search for and admire Samburu’s Special Five; Beisa Oryx, Grevy’s Zebra, Somali Ostrich, reticulated Giraffe and Gerenuk.
With villas that can only be described as “eco-chic”, Samburu warriors guide travelers through more than 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness. Among the attractions are Kalama Conservancy and Mount Kenya.
Other reasons to consider Saruni Samburu include:
- With grounds that offer a spectacular mountain view, take your pick of rooms with a mountain or pool view. Suites and family rooms also are available.
- Rooms include a private balcony, refrigerator, desk, room service, minibar and bath/shower.
- Enjoy amenities including mosquito tents, an outdoor fireplace, pool and spa, and free parking and internet.
Eco-Friendly Tented Camps
Porini Amboseli Camp
This camp is an award-winner and is set in the exclusive wildlife Selenkay conservancy which is a significant wilderness area for wildlife dispersal. Hence, the camps are furnished and structured carefully using eco-friendly methods. It accommodates no more than 12 guests at one time and a limit has also been set for the quantity of tourist vehicles allowed in the area to make sure that the visitors’ view of the wildlife isn’t interrupted by automobiles. A broad variety of animals including lions, leopards and cheetahs are present for the spectacular wildlife viewing.
With accolades for miles, Porini has received nods from TripAdvisor, Ecotourism Kenya and the World Travel Awards. It’s even a National Geographic Top Ten Safari Outfitters recipient, with a presence in East Africa that spans more than 30 years.
Other reasons to consider Porini include:
- Charming and family-friendly, enjoy a non-smoking property with airport transportation and an outdoor fireplace. Electric lighting in the facilities are solar powered.
- Conveniently located minutes away from Amboseli National Park.
- Enjoy all the usual activities, including bush walks, game drives and sundowners with qualified guides.
Kenyan Luxury With Odyssey Safaris
With so much to do and see, our Kenya luxury safari experts will customize your travel to ensure you get the most out of your trip: value and memories you won’t forget – including backdoor access to some very special experiences we can arrange just for you.
With the philosophy, “take memories; leave only footprints,” our priority is to protect and preserve each unique destination for its people, wildlife, and future travelers by finding meaningful ways to reduce our environmental footprint. When you embark on a tour of Kenya with Odyssey Safaris, you get insights and wildlife interactions that turn your once-in-a-lifetime journey into a truly one-of-a-kind vacation experience.